Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Summertime!

Have you ever wondered about living in San Antonio and the surrounding area during the summer? Here we are mid July and let me tell you, it’s hot!  Right now at a quarter after three it’s  91 and climbing.  Humidity isn’t a factor, it’s generally low during the day.

Last night we had a whiz bang of a storm roll through.  First thing I was aware of was the wind.  Haven’t had much wind recently and this was noisy enough to wake me.  Our flags are on the front of the rig and they were slapping away!   Then I could hear some creaking, like the rig was twisting.  And then the rain came.  As far as I can recall, it all lasted ten, fifteen minutes.  I promptly went back to sleep, as I need my beauty sleep.

Not much has changed medically.  Jim is wearing a heart monitor for another few days.  When he had  the cancer removed he had afib while recovering.  This is to make sure it’s gone.  He has this persistent cough and we had a talk with his PA today.  Boils down to: it could be this, it could be that. One of his meds might be causing it but he’ll stay on that until the cardiologist says to stop.  So, we’ll wait and see.  The follow up on the monitor results will be later this month.

The scars from my skin cancers are almost nonexistent.  My nose is still reddish but if you didn’t know better you would think it’s from the sun.  My forehead is clear, at least I can’t see it.  But then again I need new glasses.  The spot on my leg is iffy...I used a cream to heal it, but it wasn't quite gone when last I saw the dermatologist.  August is when I'll return and have it looked at.

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge
or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

11 July 2019 171 cards

These four cards are made from cut aparts.  Easy, quick way to make cards.  I love the lavender and it went well with the Stampin’ Up! paper, I chose very vanilla as the card base. It’s softer than the whisper white.  The stamps are SU along with the ink.  The little dots are Nuvo Drops


The next six cards are from a Paper Pumpkin kit.  I get one a month From Stampin’ Up! And it’s the perfect way to make quick cards.  The kits are designed so you only need scissors and a stamp block.  They're stamped inside and on the envelopes



All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!