Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Treasure

I truly treasure my husband! December 8th was my birthday (69) and he drove me all over, in the rain and cold so I could go to a couple stores.  Turns out one, World Market, isn't open yet.  And by the look of the inside they'd need an army of workers to have it open anytime soon.  Great big empty store.

Next stop was the new Sprouts grocery store where I found some items I didn't know I needed! But they didn't have a couple things I was looking for.  The store is far enough that I won't be making weekly trips.   Maybe monthly!

Since it was my birthday I got to choose where to have lunch.  In the same block as Sprouts is Ostioneria Michoacán, an oyster and seafood restaurant. We had a wonderful lunch sharing a shrimp and beef fajita platter with the usual sides of rice and charro beans.  Of course a Modelo helped wash it down....It being my birthday I just had to have dessert and I love flan....yummy goodness.






Of course none of this was vegan so now it's back to healthier options.  Not sure why I can't order better options but I sure enjoy my food!  Health wise I'm still medicine free.

Thursday the temperature dipped into the mid 40's but we stayed warm under the down comforter. Of course getting up in a chilly house is the pits!  I'm always up first and immediately I turned on the furnace and space heater. By the time Jim got out of bed at 0700 it was tolerable.  When the furnace stopped I adjusted the temperature but it didn't come on.  Jim had to brave the cold, go outside and switch tanks.

Friday we worked and I'm assuming because of the cold weather not many people came to Guest Services.  No matter we kept busy with our tablets.  

My birthday package from Sonsearae and Chris arrived...a day late but tis the season!  Inside the very heavy box was a small jewelry box with three Pandora beads...One is a blue parrot dangle, one was a heart with my birthstone and a round one with my initial.  My collection is growing!


Not the best picture but isn't it lovely?  Thank you my darlings for feeding my jewelry addiction.


I left early to feed Boo and since I had so much 'free' time I made us a dinner of beef less stew.  It's nice that we like mushrooms and this bowl of goodness warmed us.

Not much on TV but we managed to stay awake until 2200.  Again the temperature dipped into the 40's and we were snug under the comforter.

Saturday has been cold and dreary. We finished off our leftovers from our Mexican meal.  I did the dishes and Jim took a nap.

The Army Navy game is not going well for our Navy.  

It looks like this will be our last night of cold temperatures because tomorrow it's supposed to get in the 80's!  I'll be happy if the sun comes out!

All is right in our world


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!