Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Lovely Dinner with Family

Our dinner at Carrabba's was delicious!  Chris, Sonsearae, Bobby, Jim and I had a good time sharing this meal.  Jim and I shared some steamed mussels then our soup and salad arrived.  Jim had a Caesar salad while I 'enjoyed' a bowl of minestrone.  I'm not sure there is one recipe for minestrone but the soup I had was really 'different', it had cabbage! and no pasta.  Tasty nonetheless.

For out meal I chose Tag Pic Pac, not sure how it got that name but it's pasta made with delicious tomatoes, basil and garlic.  Of course I brought most of mine home.  Jim had chicken with garlic mashed potatoes, I forget the name of the dish.  He brought some home.

Three of us shared a bottle of Gabbiano Chianti wine which is a favorite of mine.

Dessert was three different kinds!  Tiramisu of course, mini cannoli and a butter cream cake with fruit.  All of them very tasty.

Once home we just relaxed.  I know I watched a couple hours of Hawaii on Nat Geo and Jim played a game on his computer.  Neither one of us got hungry until after eight o'clock.  He made himself a peanut butter sandwich with honey and I had some popcorn.

We spent the evening watching PBS.  A show about Royal Clothing, Poldark and The Crimson Field.  The last two shows are series and I think we'll continue to watch them.

We have our cooling unit for the refrigerator, it arrived last Friday.  Not sure when it will be installed.  Also on Friday a Sears repairman came out and confirmed our wash machine needs a new control panel, ouch!  It was ordered and he'll be back on the 29th to repair it.  So I'll continue doing laundry next door for a wee bit longer.

Jim has a doctor appointment on the 9th of July.  That's what we have to look forward to the next couple of weeks.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!