Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Peppermint Lip Balm

We've been staying busy with doctor visits and walking.  It's interesting to note that while I've always enjoyed walking (still do) we didn't walk together because Jim had issues with his feet.  As it was painful for him to walk, we didn't actually 'walk' or 'hike' often.

One of the things he needs to do (since his procedure) is walk everyday and since he got his new Fitbit he's been upping his mileage and getting his heartbeat up, almost every day.  On the days his feet hurt, not so much walking is being done.  He's doing great!

Last month we both did a 100,000 step challenge and we both made that goal.  But some days it was difficult for us to keep up the pace.  Hopefully we can continue 'upping' our stats!

Apparently now it's my turn to have problems.  My right hip is starting to bother me and while at the VA yesterday they took a couple xrays to get an idea of what's going on.  I can walk but not as fast as I'd like.  So Jim and I are still not walking together much as I tend to slow him down!

I have a couple appointments this month for tests at the VA and Jim has another visit with the foot doctor and he needs to visit his cardiologist again before we can even think about traveling

Today I made some Lip Balm!  I can't believe how easy it is.  Making my own products has been on my wish list for a long time.  It's just a matter of gathering the supplies and doing it.  I'll bet it didn't take 15 minutes start to finish to make these.  The ingredients are few, Sunflower oil, cocoa butter, beeswax, essential oil and a few drops of vitamin E oil.


I think the hard part will be making labels for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!