Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Mostly a lazy day at home



Upon arising this morning I was pleased to see a couple of owls in one of the pine trees.  As I looked closer I could see one was an owlet!  It looked like mom or dad was grooming the fluffy younger owl.

I watched for a long time and took several pictures.  Thank goodness the sun was lighting them or I'd never have gotten a shot.

Although we've all watched for them, the owls have been off nesting somewhere.  We rarely saw them and never heard them close by.  I hope this is the first of many sightings!


They've hung around most of the day but I haven't seen the adult in the last hour or so.

I did some laundry and Jim cleaned the coffee pot with vinegar.  How exciting is this?  Ate our minestrone soup for lunch and dinner will be leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!