Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bucket List and Boat Show

What's the 5th thing on your bucket list?  Do you even have a bucket list?  

I've never made one and at my age I wonder if I should.  It's like making resolutions for the new year....why bother if you know you'll never accomplish them?

Last Friday we went to the Boat Show in Stuart Florida. Considering how close we are to the east coast I'm willing to bet they have several boat shows a year in the area!  I have to admit there were a lot of boats.  Mostly fishing boats which don't interest us but they sure can be pretty.  We saw some red ones, aqua hulls on some, lime green, light blue on others but mostly boring white especially topside.  Of course boring white makes them easier to spot on the water.  There were quite a few ski boats too along with pontoon boats.  We looked at the pontoon boats then we graduated to live aboard boats.




this was a pretty wooden pleasure craft.

I cannot begin to describe the gorgeous boats we saw!  Huge, plush ocean going crafts designed for easy living with guest and crew quarters.  It would be easy to trade in our rig for one if we could afford it!

We toured several of these from the big, to the more like we could live on one.  

I was to busy looking and didn't take many pictures.  Besides on land and in the water they were packed like sardines and getting just one boat in the frame was difficult


This boat was across from the wooden boat above and as we came along side of it I snapped this picture of the portholes.  As you can see, this boat isn't white and it was lovely from the outside.


After the show we stopped in at a local place for a bite to eat and drink.  Fish tacos and beer hit the spot!  The weather was perfect with lots of sun and breezes...good thing, because we both wore jeans and had we stayed much longer we would have gotten overheated.

Saturday we were going to check out the Greek Festival in Port Saint Lucie but put if off until Sunday.  Just hung around the house reading and in my case doing chores.

Sunday we headed for the festival around 1030 and I guess we should have waited to leave until after lunch.  When we arrived they were just setting up and although it smelled good the food wasn't quite ready.  We checked a couple booths and inside the hall.  Saw some really interesting Russian and Greek crafts.  The music hadn't started yet so we decided to leave.

We headed to Stuart so we could get some lunch and go to the farmer's market.  Our lunch at Spoto's Oyster Bar on the river was tasty.  I had a taco salad with a beer and Jim had fish and chips with a bloody Mary.  For entertainment we watched the water, some osprey's fishing for their dinner and some boats passing by.  The view was great and we decided to have coffee and dessert, the key lime pie was huge and oh, so yummy!

Never did make it to the market!  Oh well, there's always next week.

Monday we took Boo to the vet.  He needed some flea medicine and had to be checked first.  He's doing well except for his teeth which he'll get cleaned on Friday.  Hopefully they won't have to pull any.

Back home it was laundry time!  I stripped the bed and got the washer and dryer going.  Then Sonsearae asked me to go shopping with her...I said yes.  Then thunderstorms moved in and the power went out.  It was still out when I left and Jim said he'd take care of the machines while I was gone.  

The power was off a few hours and Jim napped and boy did I have some catching up to do when I got home!  Made a simple soup for dinner because I bought some yummy bread.  

Had more rain throughout the evening and apparently the night.  Lost power again but I slept through it all.





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!