Tuesday was PT day for Jim, because of a touch of vertigo he wasn't required to learn more balance exercises. But he is trying to keep up. After his session we went out for a late lunch at Peppers. Good comforting Mexican food. I had a draft beer while Jim chose a tequila sunrise.
Of course we had some rain from TS Bertha. Nothing heavy just intermittent showers which is good. Keeps coming down and soaks into the ground helping to fill the aquifers. I don't think we're in drought conditions any longer! But more would be better
After lunch we just headed home with nothing else on our agenda.
Yesterday was another stay home day. No plans until dinner out with Sonsearae and Chris at the Black Radish. They have an interesting menu that changes seasonally and they don't take reservations. It's his birthday!
We just relaxed with our tablets reading and watching videos or movies. I finally finished watching Thor. We both showered and picked out nice clothes to wear. I'm not sure it mattered because dress codes for dining at night have disappeared. We were picked up around 1430 to get there by 1700. We did have some rush hour traffic but Chris got us there in one piece!
We shared some small plates of fried zucchini, bubble potatoes and focaccia. The guys split the grilled 24 oz ribeye that came with fries and a salad, Sonsearae had the green bean salad and I had peaches and burrata salad, Jim and Sonsearae had gin and tonic while I chose a dirty martini. Chris doesn't drink alcohol but he enjoyed his coke. We practically licked our plates it was that good!
We passed on the dessert menu as Chris wanted to go to Food Glorious Food for his cake, Jim also got a slice of cake. We ladies passed. This restaurant has delicious desserts! One that caught my interest was the Baklava cheesecake...I may have to go back.
We were dropped off at home, we changed into our pajamas and Jim enjoyed his dessert, while I just shook may head and wondered where he put it because we we stuffed.
Handmade cards Because
No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!