Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2019

I told you I’ve been making cards


The past few days have been pretty nice.  Milder temperatures so no need for the furnace.  But more cold air is coming!
I stay busy with chores and making cards.  Jim reads and plays games.  And he’s an excellent chauffeur.  When we venture out he does the driving and sneaks items into the grocery cart when we shop.

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge

or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

 2 November 2019 260 cards

I’m still working on Christmas cards.  Some will actually be used for Christmas but most will be just winter themed note cards.

Four of these cards, just pretty pictures, are plain. The lovely Stampin’ Up! Paper speaks for itself.  And then there’s the festive snowman!  I don’t keep a lot of Christmas stamps so cutting the snowman from the SU paper made this card easy.

All paper is Stampin' Up! Mix and match. A little embossing to add more texture.  Bling because I like shiny things.  Stamped flower is Sizzix colored with SU Markers




I love the simplicity of this card.  What are you thankful for?


Different colors for me.  All Stampin' Up!

Top three are much the same as the previous snowmen cards.  The two bottom cards are done with fancier foiled paper.  The stamp is Sizzix

Another cold front is arriving this morning.  We have drizzle and grey skies.  The ac ran yesterday and I'm pretty sure we won't need it today!  

My plumerias didn't bloom this year and pretty soon I'll have to protect them from the elements. They don't care for temperatures under 40.  I whacked my tomato plant way back and I'm pleased to tell you that it looks wonderful.  Blooming and there's even one itty bitty tomato!  We'll see how long I can make it last...maybe have home grown tomato for Christmas.

All is right in our world


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!