Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Water

What kind of water do you have?   Which do you prefer?  These past few weeks traveling we’ve noticed a change in the water.  In the Rio Grande Valley we had hard water.  Leaves spots on every surface and a ‘calcium/mineral buildup on fittings.

We do have a filter at the source of water outside and inside we’ve another at the kitchen sink.  All RVers generally have water filters because you never know what the local water will taste like.

But a couple of our stops had soft water.  I do not like it because I can't seem to rinse off the soap when I shower.  At least that's what it feels like...I feel slick or slimy.  Also when doing dishes I had to be real careful because, again they were slippery to handle.  A lot of our dinnerware is glass and I sure didn't want to break anything.


Speaking of water that is our view out our back window.  Last night we were serenaded by the frogs.  I love it.  

We left Gulfport around 1000 yesterday and landed here mid afternoon.  Our site is small and backing into it, between the trees, was tricky but Jim managed it without to much surliness.  Having me in sight helps, but with drop offs, fences and trees I wasn't always seen.  I promise I'll take a couple pictures and show you.

Twin Lakes Camp Resort is pretty.  Nestled between two lakes I'm sure every site has a view of water.  They offer free WiFi which at this time of day is spotty.  Comes and goes. Free cable TV also.  You can fish the lakes if you have a Florida Fishing License.  But no motor boats!  so it's quite peaceful to sit and watch 


We stopped at two welcome centers as we drove along I-10.  This picture was taken at the Florida center where we both enjoyed a glass of juice.

At the Alabama welcome center I wandered a bit inside and finally had to ask about the age of the building.  I was told it was only two years old.  No wonder I couldn't remember it!  

We're here for two weeks then on to Tallahassee.  Today we're just settling in and checking out the place.  I'm told that Sonsearae and Chris will meet up with us this weekend...Can't wait!

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!